Announcing the new FSL MailScanner Beta yum repository

Rob Poe rpoe at plattesheriff.org
Thu Oct 9 18:09:40 IST 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 10-8-2008 9:13 AM Rob Poe spake the following:
>
>> Does this mean that the existing method of installing MailScanner (i.e.
>> going to mailscanner.info / downloading the installer for MailScanner)
>> is going away?

I truly believe that MailScanner, the open source version, can increase
it's market share by having the option of paid support. I know this
because our paying clients tell us so. Most of our larger sites feel
that having their MailScanner systems maintained and supported by
professionals who keep very up to date on MailScanner and the related
applications - actually saves them money.

I think it's just good to have options and one of them will always be
FSL and various support options.

Thank you for clearing that up - I was confused - but that happens more often, more and more.

(disclaimer: I can see a good reason to become a paying customer)