Installer comments

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Oct 7 17:00:20 IST 2008

Jonas Akrouh Larsen wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:46:47 +0200:

> 2: It’s more or less the same as the above points, so as for the
> reports/text issues. The same goes for rulesets. Every time I upgrade I have
> to manually copy the rulesets I use to the new directory for the paths in
> the configuration to be valid.

which rulesets (MailScanner ones?), which "new" directory? I haven't done an
upgrade for a while but I don't remember that it replaced my MS rulesets. I
don't remember what happened with the reports.
Do you always install to a different directory when upgrading? I've never done
this. Do you use the tar.gz version? I don't think the rpm version even allows
changing paths.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany