Message rules don't work, but if message forwarded, it does???

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 19:17:00 GMT 2008

2008/11/5 Chris Barber <cbarber at techquility.net>:
> Hi All,
>
> Having a strange issue, maybe someone has seen this before. I have some
> spam emails that are getting through the server. If a user then forwards
> that spam message to me, going through the server again, it does get
> caught.
>
> A specific example is this:
> Message comes through and hit no rules at all.
> Message is forwarded and hits two URIBL rules for a URL in the message.
>
> Strange thing is that the URL was in the message originally so it should
> have hit the rule.
>
> Can anyone help me shed some light onto this?
>
> Running MailScanner 4.72.5-1 on CentOS 5
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Hi Chris,

you wouldn't be whitelisting by email address alone, now would you?
That would indeed explain such a thing....;-)
When you look at it (in the logs etc), make sure you are looking at
the envelope sender/recipient(s), since those are the ones MS use...
Not the From:/To: headers...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn