Message rules don't work, but if message forwarded, it does???

Chris Barber cbarber at techquility.net
Wed Nov 5 17:48:08 GMT 2008

Hi All,

Having a strange issue, maybe someone has seen this before. I have some
spam emails that are getting through the server. If a user then forwards
that spam message to me, going through the server again, it does get
caught.

A specific example is this:
Message comes through and hit no rules at all.
Message is forwarded and hits two URIBL rules for a URL in the message.

Strange thing is that the URL was in the message originally so it should
have hit the rule.

Can anyone help me shed some light onto this?

Running MailScanner 4.72.5-1 on CentOS 5

Thanks,
Chris