Mailscanner watermarks and compatibility with other systems

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Mon May 26 10:29:27 IST 2008

Hi JP

I think you misunderstand, we do not want to filter at the exchange server,
we only want to tag outgoing mail. So if we stamp outgoing mail on the
exchange server, the mailscanner servers can reject backscatter by checking
for valid watermarks. The backscatter never reaches the exchange servers in
that case.

So we will leave all the filtering to the MS installation, we just enhanve
the options for filtering out mail by giving MS more things to check for. Ie
the watermark.