Mailscanner watermarks and compatibility with other systems

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Sun May 25 23:39:03 IST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Jonas A. Larsen <jonas at vrt.dk> wrote:
> This is in response to both Jan-Peter and Ed Bruce:
>
> Their reasoning is, that if they send through a 3rd party system they have
> less control of the flow (which I guess is true) while if they just use an
> add-on for exchange they can still have full control over everything, and
> still get the benefits from watermarking.

Our biggest concern is the bandwidth consumed if they should send all
there mail though our gateway, which in my opinion is waste ... thats
why we need it, as we control all servers.

> Anyway I already talked to Mikael Syska and his work appears to be
> progressing pretty fast, so hopefully there will be some useable code soon
> which I can help test.

Yes, its going the right way ... but I will have plenty of other stuff
to do in the coming week, so I dont know how much progress will be
done htere.

mvh
Mikael Syska