Mailscanner watermarks and compatibility with other systems

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Tue May 27 22:30:38 IST 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 5-23-2008 10:48 AM Jonas A. Larsen spake the following:
>> Mmmm not sure which part you are confused about? We do not send
>> outgoing mail through our Mailscanner cluster (and do not want to)
>>

>> Our exchange servers send outgoing mail directly to the receiving
>> smtp server. There for Im not sure how milter-ahead or BarricadeMX
>> has relevance?
>>

>> Im looking for something for exchange to support watermarking
>> natively in exchange, as I wrote, a plugin or similar that makes
>> exchange possible to watermark stamp outgoing mail with watermarks MS
>> can process.
>>

>> Hope that clears it up.
>>

> You unwillingness to relay your outgoing mail through mailscanner will
> probably limit your choices.
> If you must do it your way, you might have to write something
> yourself. Unix/linux and windows are different in enough ways to make
> it very difficult.

We are about to release BarricadeMX for Microsoft / Exchange servers.
This will permit an Exchange server (2003 or 2007) to share the
watermarking secrets with an incoming MailScanner gateway running
BarricadeMX. This will allow the Exchange server to add the watermarking
secret to mail sent out directly from the Exchange server.

Since BarricadeMX can be configured to work as a simple solution which
calls SpamAssassin and ClamAV on mail that is accepted for delivery,
this can provide simple but effective anti-spam / anti-virus with a web
interface for Microsoft admins :)

BTW we'll be looking for Beta users for BarricadeMX on Exchange. Please
email me off list if you are interested. We'll only have a limited
number of betas so first come, first served.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Swaney
steve at fsl.com