Mailscanner watermarks and compatibility with other systems

Mark Nienberg lists at tippingmar.com
Fri May 23 19:56:33 IST 2008

Jonas A. Larsen wrote:

> Mmmm not sure which part you are confused about? We do not send
> outgoing mail through our Mailscanner cluster (and do not want to)
>

> Our exchange servers send outgoing mail directly to the receiving smtp
> server. There for Im not sure how milter-ahead or BarricadeMX has
> relevance?
>

> Im looking for something for exchange to support watermarking natively
> in exchange, as I wrote, a plugin or similar that makes exchange
> possible to watermark stamp outgoing mail with watermarks MS can process.
>

> Hope that clears it up.

Are you using the spamassassin Vbounce plugin?  It serves a similar
function as the watermarking.  In your case you would list your outgoing
exchange servers in the

whitelist_bounce_relays

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/VBounceRuleset

If you don't want to redirect the incoming bounces to a folder, as
described in the wiki article, you can instead add points to them in
spamassassin with something like

score BOUNCE_MESSAGE 5

Mark