DomainKeys help with MailScanner

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Thu May 22 21:49:20 IST 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Philip Zeigler wrote:

> I am trying to implement DomainKeys signing with dk-milter and
> sendmail on a CentOS5 box.  I have followed several howtos to get
> this up and running but I am always gettting a signature bad failure
> when I send messages to the various test autosponders.
>
> Has anyone gotten this working with MailScannner?  Is MailScanner
> rewriting the message and causing the signatures to be invalid?  I
> don't really know where to troubleshoot this any further.

I think "you can't get there from here" unless you do some serious
kung fu action on your setup. MailScanner "touches" the e-mail, so the
signature will *always* be wrong. The only way I see it working is if
MailScanner hands off the e-mail to another server (or other separate
sendmail process) that DKIM-signs the outgoing e-mails.