OT: Netiquette Question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri May 2 22:58:33 IST 2008

2008/5/2 Neal Morgan <Neal at morgan-systems.com>:
> At this risk of stirring things up, may I ask a dumb question?
>
>  One of you made a reference to "snip" - and I was unable to determine
>  whether you meant this was an example of poor netiquette.  If it is,
>  what is the preferred approach?  ...especially when the thread has taken
>  a turn and much of the original discussion no longer applies?   Start a
>  new thread?

If at least marginally on-topic (whatever that may be:-), "snip" out
the parts that don't pply to your reply. ... "snip" refers to the
sound a pair  of scissors make as you do the necessary cutting ... But
you knew that:-);-)

If you go off on a tangent, by all means do start a new thread, or
change the subject, to reflect the new direction of the (sub-)thread.

At least ... that's my very humble opinion...

>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  Neal Morgan

Cheers
--