Netiquette Question

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri May 2 20:07:40 IST 2008

Neal Morgan wrote:
> At this risk of stirring things up, may I ask a dumb question?
>
> One of you made a reference to "snip" - and I was unable to determine
> whether you meant this was an example of poor netiquette.  If it is,
> what is the preferred approach?  ...especially when the thread has
> taken a turn and much of the original discussion no longer applies?
> Start a new thread?

I've always been of the understanding that when the thread starts
getting long, that the majority of it should be snipped, leaving the bit
that the current post is in response to.  Makes it much easier to read.

I'm also of the opinion that if some don't snip, or toppost, or hijack
threads, if that's the worst that happens to me today I'm *waaaay* ahead
of the game.  It's not a bad life...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500