MailScanner defunct processes

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:49:24 IST 2008

> Dave Jones wrote:
>> >I have just released the latest stable release of MailScanner, 4.69.
>>
>> >There's quite a lot this month, but the main new features this month
are:

>> >- - Can now extract embedded files from within Microsoft Office
documents
>> >and subject them to all the file tests like any other attachments.
>> FYI, I hope our problem with defunct processes doesn't start popping
>> up all over the place with this new feature.  We had to disable this
>> feature to get our MailScanner stable again but use another new
>> feature Julian added for us in this release.
>If you can actually send me an email message which you know causes the
>problem to appear, I can code round it. Last time I asked for this I
>didn't receive anything useful to me.

I am still trying to gather information to send you a message that caused
the defunct process.  I had over 600 df files in the inbound queue that I
made a copy of before commenting out the UnpackOle line.  Which one would be
the one you need?  Would it be the oldest one?  Is there some attibute about
the file that I can search for to pinpoint the bad one? Or should I just tgz
all of them and put them on a web server for you?

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner with the needed info.  We
have a major site upgrade going live in a few days so I have had to focus on
that.

--
Dave Jones