Postfix 2.5 with MailScanner? Bug found, fix attached...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:05:49 GMT 2008

On 24/03/2008, Alex Broens <ms-list at alexb.ch> wrote:
> On 3/24/2008 1:50 AM, Glenn Steen wrote:
>   > Alex, please apply and report back any findings...
>

> applied 2 hrs ago, MS seems to be purring happily again.
>  haven't seen anything weird yet.
>  watching carefully

Many thanks Alex!

>  > Actually.... This goes for anyone using Postfix, especially if you are
>  > using a milter... We need handle this bug ASAP.... For diverse
>  > reasons.
>  >
>  > Jules, could we have a beta with this in?
>

> Question: would it be wise (or kamikaze) to use this version of
>  PFDiskstore.pm on older versions of MS ?
The patch should be fairly able to apply to any version of MailScanner
from somewhere like 4.62.7 and up. How old is the version your
thinking of patching?
Worst case, apply by hand (it'ls really just 4 lines of code:-).

>  I have abunch of boxes which still run 1 year old MS versions, without
>  problems, except I cannot use the milter on them.

Hm, one year back... Should be OK to patch. Try one and see what
happens... Should be safe enough.

>  thx
>
>  Alex

Cheers