Postfix 2.5 with MailScanner?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Mar 23 20:05:49 GMT 2008

Alex Broens wrote:
> On 3/23/2008 6:57 PM, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>>
>> Alex Broens wrote:

>> received the

>> will have

>> | Glenn
>> |
>> | I'm having an issue with MS/Postfix 2.5.1 and milter-link.
>> |
>> | MS won't process the msg after milter-link added its tags.
>> |
>> | A birdie told me you're the MailScanner Postfix Q file detective.
>> |
>> | wanna share my headache? :-)
>>
>> Not exactly your headache. But what do the headers look like before and
>> after milter-link has touched them?
>
> that is a question I can't really answer (yet) milter-link adds 1
> header and modifies the subject and MS chokes on the changes
> As the files are in Pfix Q format... it escapes my knowledge as to how
> to correctly take the file apart and see what the difference is.
If I were you, I would leave that bit to Glenn. 'postcat' can print it
out nicely, but otherwise Glenn needs to look at the actual binary
structure really.

> I can provide samples of the Pfix Q files which MS happily ignores and
> leaves in Hold Q to rot.
Please send Glenn everything you have.

>> I assume that if you just disable milter-link that everything is OK?
>> (OK, I did not assume, I just asked explicitly ;-)
>
> Yes, I did that... no milter-link tagging the msg, MS works.
That's good to know. But can we analyse (and hopefully fix :-) the
problem quickly?

Thanks folks!

Jules

- --