Postfix 2.5 with MailScanner?

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Sun Mar 23 18:24:05 GMT 2008

On 3/23/2008 6:57 PM, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> Alex Broens wrote:

> |> So you're skipping 2.5 altogether? I *might* be able tosqueeze this
> |> in, but ... far from sure:-(. Would be great if someone already had
> |> tried it all:-).
> |
> | Glenn
> |
> | I'm having an issue with MS/Postfix 2.5.1 and milter-link.
> |
> | MS won't process the msg after milter-link added its tags.
> |
> | A birdie told me you're the MailScanner Postfix Q file detective.
> |
> | wanna share my headache? :-)
>
> Not exactly your headache. But what do the headers look like before and
> after milter-link has touched them?

that is a question I can't really answer (yet) milter-link adds 1 header
and modifies the subject and MS chokes on the changes
As the files are in Pfix Q format... it escapes my knowledge as to how
to correctly take the file apart and see what the difference is.

I can provide samples of the Pfix Q files which MS happily ignores and
leaves in Hold Q to rot.

> I assume that if you just disable milter-link that everything is OK?
> (OK, I did not assume, I just asked explicitly ;-)

Yes, I did that... no milter-link tagging the msg, MS works.

Alex