Order in which MailScanner processes mail

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Mar 6 22:43:53 GMT 2008

Alessandro Dentella wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   i have a server with traffic of around 50/60.000 mail a day. Lately
>   it is giving a great amount of problems in delay in which it
> processes mail.
>
>   Some mail stay in the queue for as long as several hours, other are
>   delivered in a couple of minutes. That creates real problems and I
>   cannot understand why that happens.

I don't run postfix, but if memory serves, some folks have reported
similar troubles when a corrupt file or non-queue file was found in the
queue directories.  Sorry I can't remember more specifically, but you
might check to see if some wayward file is in there that's choking the
processing.  Maybe someone else that had such an issue can offer more
details...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500