Problem with Permissions

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jul 30 23:59:47 IST 2008

on 7-30-2008 3:44 PM Johnny Stork spake the following:
> I seem to be having a problem with MS, SA or BAYES permissions. Running
> latest MS/MW on CentOS 5.2. MS is running as root. Below are the
> permissions in /etc/MailScanner/bayes. When I go to the MW interface and
> run the "Bayes Database Info" I often have to change the permissions on
> bayes_journal and bayes_toks in order for it to return any results, but
> the permissions get set back to those below.
>
> Is there some place I need to set these permissions so they will be
> retained and I can run the Bayes Database Info from MW without any
> problems?
>

> root at gateway:/etc/MailScanner# ls -la bayes/
> total 14488
> drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     4096 Jul 30 15:40 .
> drwxr-xr-x 6 root root     4096 Jul 30 15:04 ..
> -rw------- 1 root root     2784 Jul 30 15:40 bayes_journal
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root     1152 Jul 30 15:40 bayes.mutex
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10579968 Jul 30 09:59 bayes_seen
> -rw------- 1 root root  5361664 Jul 30 15:40 bayes_toks
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root      423 Sep 24  2007 razor-agent.log
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Sep 24  2007 Starting
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Sep 24  2007 Update

If you set the bayes directory group to your httpd daemon's user( and maybe
have to set the gid sticky) as well as the bayes files gid to the same user
(apache?) it should work better.
You have to do this while mailscanner is stopped so the bayes files aren't locked.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and