list personal settings (was dying children..)

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 09:56:21 IST 2008

mailsysteam at googlemail.com wrote:
> > Martyn Routley wrote:
>
>     >Julian (or whoever organises the list)
>     >
>     > nearly deleted this without reading it as I thought it had
>     managed to slip through my Defender+Barricade.
>     > All I read was the subject line "dying children"
>     >
>     > Any chance of adding the list name to the subject, just like on
>     many other lists.
>     >

> > Go to lists.mailscanner.info <http://lists.mailscanner.info/> and
> you should find you can set this per-user for yourself.
> >
> > Jules
>
> I had a look and cannot figure out how to do that.
Bother, it does indeed appear to be a global option. Can you not just
set up a rule that files messages from the list into a folder of its
own? I *detest* subject line prefixes with a passion, it just blocks me
from seeing all the subject line in my MUA. There are many other ways of
achieving the same effect without me having to resort to subject-line
prefixes.

> I would like to know how to do it for my subscription. And no comment
> about the type of email client I use. Pine is perfect for me. :-)
I still happily support Pine and Mutt, no problem there :-)

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?