Timo Jacobs is out of the office.

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Jul 20 13:02:03 IST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:16:08 +0100
Drew Marshall <drew.marshall at technologytiger.net> wrote:

> The thing is that in the UK it is now a legal requirement that some
> form of footer is included on all company generated email (See
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/21/new_web_email_regulation/ ).
> The problem is that most managers/ companies take the opportunity to
> then add 3 more paragraphs of completely unenforceable rubbish. The
> auditors to one of my client's have more disclaimer than content in
> 99.5% of their emails. The finance departments are under instruction
> not to print their emails as the paper wasted in disclaimers is huge!

Obviously, I do not live in a locality that requires in any form these
insidious 'disclaimers'; however, since it has now become a requirement
in certain areas of the world, might it not be a wise decision to allow
or at least request that a user only be allowed to post to this forum
from his/her personal email account? One that does not require this
'disclaimer' nonsense. In my opinion, when someone is at their job,
they should not be investing company time on personal business anyway.
I know that belief is not universally embraced; however, as an employer
myself, I like to think that my employees are devoting at least a
majority of their time to company business. For the record, we do have
'monitoring software' installed. Who would have known that women enjoy
'porn' almost as much as men.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

Eating chocolate is like being in love without the aggravation.