sare rules

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jul 15 16:02:46 IST 2008

on 7-15-2008 6:12 AM mailsysteam at googlemail.com spake the following:
> Hi,
>
> I have followed Julian's instructions "HOWTO: Adding extra rulesets to
> SpamAssassin" from July 2007 and I am a bit lost. Can someone help please?
>
> I am using his /etc/mail/spamassassin/jkf-channel-list.txt to list the
> channels I want, but the update doesn't work, I am not getting any new
> cf files.
>
> If I run
> /usr/bin/sa-update -D --channelfile
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/jkf-channel-list.txt --gpgkey 856AA88A
>
> I get dns errors like:
> dns: query failed:
> 4.1.3.99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
> <http://4.1.3.99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net> =>
> NXDOMAIN
> channel: no updates available, skipping channel
>
> I am using MailScanner version 4.70.6
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction please?
>
> Steve

The sare ninjas have stopped updating their rules for now. Either it was too
much work or too much expense, but it seems to be over. Many of the rule
writers still contribute to spamassassin, so the regular sa-updates will get
some new rules occasionally

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and