sare rules

mailsysteam at googlemail.com mailsysteam at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:12:46 IST 2008

Hi,

I have followed Julian's instructions "HOWTO: Adding extra rulesets to
SpamAssassin" from July 2007 and I am a bit lost. Can someone help please?

I am using his /etc/mail/spamassassin/jkf-channel-list.txt to list the
channels I want, but the update doesn't work, I am not getting any new cf
files.

If I run
/usr/bin/sa-update -D --channelfile
/etc/mail/spamassassin/jkf-channel-list.txt --gpgkey 856AA88A

I get dns errors like:
dns: query failed:
4.1.3.99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net=> NXDOMAIN
channel: no updates available, skipping channel

I am using MailScanner version 4.70.6

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Steve