Routing mail based on attachment extension

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 09:33:14 GMT 2008

Bo Bulger wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Would I use a rule or a custom function to accomplish the following issue?
The simple answer is "yes". A Custom Function would do it. You would
have to play with the recipients list depending on what you found in the
attachments directory. It could be done at almost any stage after the
virus scanning has been done. I mess with the recipients list in other
places, so you can see how I do it. If you can't find any code that does
that bit, I've definitely got some here (my local auto-spam-deletion
code does it in a Custom Function). Surfing the attachments directory is
the easy bit.

What would you do with messages with multiple recipients?

> I want to route a message sent to mailbox1, if the message contains a
> specific attachment type, send the message to mailbox2.
>
> Example, message to mailbox1 contains attachment.eml. Do not send to
> mailbox1, instead send to mailbox2.
>
> It seems similar to spam or blacklist quarantine, but I am looking for
> something that is per mailbox and per attachment.
>
> This is my first post to the mailing list. Please correct me if I have
> not followed posting standards.
>
> Bo Bulger

Jules

- --