FreeBSD Easy installation

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Wed Jan 30 18:33:10 GMT 2008

Hi all most name brother.

I use the FreeBSD port and all the dependencies from there ... and I
have no problem what so ever ... only thing is that the person ( Can
remember his name, but his German ), only updates the port once in a
while ... so you can't run the newest all the time unless you use the
source and compile it yourself. But this is the only thing(which aint a
bad ting), because you are also sure its tested before you actually use
it ...

I run a freebsd 7.0-current system, scanning about 40k mails per day ...
with only one problem. Once every 2-3 month it just stop scanning mails,
and we have to restart the process. I have created a little shell script
to look at the queue size,  if its over 1000, its restarts the scanner.

Go for the ports, I think its the best :-) thumps up from here ...

best regards
Mikael Syska