FreeBSD Easy installation

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Wed Jan 30 18:23:10 GMT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:17:42 -0500, "Michael McGovern" wrote:
   Hi all, this is my first mail list post so I hope I am doing this
right.I have installed MailScanner many times on FreeBSD but am by no
means a guru of either. My question is rather than installing SA,
clamAV, and all the rest of the ports manually before installing MS is
there any reason not to just install FreeBSD, pull my ports and
sources down and then install MailScanner from the FreeBSD port
letting it install the dependencies? I tried it in a test VM and it
seems to work just fine. I just want to know if there is a reason I
should not do it that way.Mike

 Mike

 That is just fine. It's how I do it as it makes life much quicker
and easier. Jan-Peter does a great job keeping the port up todate
(Including dependencies).

 Drew
--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Tiger Mail www.technologytiger.net/tigermail from Technology Tiger.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ