FreeBSD Easy installation

Michael McGovern michael at taylex.com
Wed Jan 30 17:17:42 GMT 2008

Hi all, this is my first mail list post so I hope I am doing this right.

I have installed MailScanner many times on FreeBSD but am by no means a guru
of either. My question is rather than installing SA, clamAV, and all the
rest of the ports manually before installing MS is there any reason not to
just install FreeBSD, pull my ports and sources down and then install
MailScanner from the FreeBSD port letting it install the dependencies? I
tried it in a test VM and it seems to work just fine. I just want to know if
there is a reason I should not do it that way.

Mike