OT: Corporate antivirus

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Sat Jan 26 22:23:42 GMT 2008

We were running the previous version and that was fine. Machines started up
ok. The scanner did slow machines down slightly but it was acceptible. We
upgraded and had terrible problems. Reported to trend who acknowledged the
problem and gave us instructions on manually downsrading the scanning engine
and disabling updates with limited difference. A memory upgrade helped in
the startup times so at least it loaded properly.
Before it would slow down the computer so much a lot of the time it failed
to even start properly (red icon) which is no good for a virus scanner.
After the memory upgrade it started up quicker but was still very slow
opening files and running programs and that was even on my machine which has
1GB of memory.

I am currently running a 30 day eval of NOD32 business edition. Its not very
easy to get started with as the admin console has no step by step guide on
what you have to do to get everything working but you do get to speak
directly to eset technical support who are very helpfullso I dont consider
this a big fault.
NOD32 is so much faster than trend. Honestly a general users machine is more
responsive to use while NOD32 is performing a full computer scan than while
Trend is installed and NOT performing a full scan.