OT: Corporate antivirus

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Sat Jan 26 21:01:16 GMT 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:16:14 +0000 (GMT), --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote
> ----- "Hugo van der Kooij" <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> Hugo,
>
> I am surprised by that.  Our company has just been taken over and the new
> company uses Trend.  We have just rolled it out to 800 machines and it does
> indeed run like the proverbial dog.  It sucks up memory, the
> patches/definitions are huge and on small WAN links completely saturate the
> bandwidth.  Not to mention its very very poor detection rate.  We did a test
> on a standalone machine, and out of 20 different viruses in managed to catch
> 1!  We imaged the machine again and did the same with NOD32 and it caught the
> lot.  Plus the latest version does not play well at all with Citrix servers!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> --[ UxBoD ]--
> // PGP Key: "curl -s http://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
> // Fingerprint: F57A 0CBD DD19 79E9 1FCC A612 CB36 D89D 2C5A 3A84
> // Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x2C5A3A84
> // Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net

Sorry for not responding to the original post.

We use Central Command's Vexira here.  Overall, the results have been quite good.  It's
supported on a great many OS's, is simple to install, relatively easy to configure,
relatively light-weight, and does a very good job of protecting.  The company is willing
to negotiate on pricing.  The 30-day evaluation may be worth your try.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.