OT: Corporate antivirus

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Sat Jan 26 11:16:14 GMT 2008

----- "Hugo van der Kooij" <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

Hugo,

I am surprised by that.  Our company has just been taken over and the new company uses Trend.  We have just rolled it out to 800 machines and it does indeed run like the proverbial dog.  It sucks up memory, the patches/definitions are huge and on small WAN links completely saturate the bandwidth.  Not to mention its very very poor detection rate.  We did a test on a standalone machine, and out of 20 different viruses in managed to catch 1!  We imaged the machine again and did the same with NOD32 and it caught the lot.  Plus the latest version does not play well at all with Citrix servers!

Regards,

--
--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s http://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"