Max file size

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 12:32:40 GMT 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> * PGP Signed by an unknown key
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>

>> Guy Story KC5GOI wrote:
>>
>>> I am using 4.58.9-2
>>>
>> Considering the current version is 4.66, that's more than 8 months old.
>> Quite old...
>>
>>>  since that is what is on the Ubuntu repositories.  I
>>> have been using the same conf file for a long time and have not run the
>>> upgrade script manually.  I assume, and it looks like this is a wrong
>>> assumption, that the Ubuntu package does not do it either.  I can add
>>> the Max Spam Check Size to MailScanner.conf and go from there.
>>>
>> Use the upgrade_MailScanner_conf script, it won't do any damage, it
>> carefully preserves all your settings and just adds new ones so you
>> don't have to use the defaults for new configuration settings. Just run
>> the script without any parameters and it will tell you how to use it.
>>

> Well. That depends on how you define damage. I considere loosing my own
> comments in a configuration file damage as well.

Give the upgrade_MailScanner_conf script the "--keep-comments"
command-line option, and it will.
> The warning that one will loose ones own comments is the sole reason I
> am extremely reluctant to run that config upgrade script.

I thought of that one a very long time ago :-)

The only reason it's not the default is that occasionally I add to the
comments for existing settings (such as listing new virus scanners), and
it won't pick up these new comments if the --keep-comments switch is
supplied. But I admit that I rarely do that anyway...

> Hugo.
>
> --
> hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org               http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/
> PGP/GPG? Use: http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/0x58F19981.asc