Txt file considered as program?

Ricky Boone ricky.boone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:45:25 GMT 2008

Budi Febrianto wrote:
> The attachment is text file, I can open it from mailwatch.
> I'm not sure why MailScanner detected as program.

Are you able to log into the MailScanner server at the shell?  If so,
try running the `file` command against the message and attachments that
are getting blocked.  If memory serves, that's what MailScanner is doing
as well, so you should be able to see what kind of file in better detail
MailScanner thinks it is.

For example:

file /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/DATE_HERE/MESSAGE_ID_HERE/*

(with DATE_HERE and MESSAGE_ID_HERE replaced with the appropriately
logged info)