small bug in 4.66.5 - log entries missing

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Feb 29 18:46:28 GMT 2008

on 2-29-2008 3:38 AM Greg Matthews spake the following:
> Scott, Julian...
>
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 2-28-2008 11:28 AM Julian Field spake the following:
>>> Sure. Please gzip it first. Is all the other logging working okay?
>>> Does it happen only with exactly this set?
>>> Virus Scanners = clamavmodule
>>> Exactly what log entries don't arrive in your syslog (when compared
>>> to using a different virus scanner)?
>>>
>>> Jules
>>>
>> Sorry Julian,
>> I think Greg wanted a copy of mine to see if he had differences, at
>> least that is what I inferred.
>>

> Got your SweepViruses.pm and the only difference between yours and mine
> is the patch I posted to correct the log entries (ie using
> "ClamAVModule" instead of $Name).
>
> I've compared your MailScanner -V output and there are a few minor
> differences, most significant is probably Mail::ClamAV - you are using
> 0.20 and I'm using 0.21. This may be a dead end tho as my test and dev
> host also runs with 0.21 and doesnt have this problem.
Although it is 0.20, it is Julian's patched version, if that makes any
difference. I haven't had an opportunity to test 0.21, and am considering
going to clamd since the clam code has been a moving target for the clam
module lately.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and