Fwd: Sophos Error message

Howard Robinson Howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 17:38:23 GMT 2008

Hello again
I am still having problems with the error below.
I have had a good look at the web and it seems that it would be better to uninstall Sophos then start again.
Is there a recommended way of doing this with out it having a knock on effect with MailScanner?

>>> "Howard Robinson" <Howard at harper-adams.ac.uk> 22/02/2008 16:59 >>>
Dear list
I have updated Sophos using Linux.intel.libc6.tar.Z using Julian's routine /usr/sbin/Sophos.install

It appeared to run through okay but seemed fast!
Anyway on restarting MailScanner I get the following in the Maillog and emails refused to move in or out.

"SophosSAVI ERROR:: getting version: One of the files in a split-virus data set could not be located (557)"

Any ideas
 I had a quick look at WIKI but nothing appeared  to be relevant .

In the end I had to rem out sophos from list of virus scanners used to get email flowing again. Two others are still there and so we are not unprotected but I like Sophos and usually it updates ok

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Howard Robinson,
(Senior Technical Development Officer),