http proxy:suggestion

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Fri Feb 22 18:52:25 GMT 2008

All of our mail servers are behind firewalls/proxies (authenticating,
forced, squid) and I personally just add an accept statement for the
relevant servers to pass around the outbound redirect to proxy for relevent
web traffice. That said, why not use the (.)?wgetrc and (.)?curlrc files to
enter the default proxy/user/password information on systems that need this
information? I have done this in the past for a specific server for a
specific reason.

Or are those items OS specific?

Rick

believed to be clean.