OT Spam Assassin Prefs question

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Wed Feb 20 18:12:52 GMT 2008

Scott B. Anderson wrote:
> My users have been seeing a large amount of Russian charset email spam. How would I set a SA rule to include all Cyrillic (sp) emails or would this be better set at the MTA (sendmail in my case) ?

See the "ok_locales" option in the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf manpage:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

Note that ok_locales is character set based, not language analysis based like
ok_languages. It also supports a *very* limited list of locales, and any
unsupported locales are essentially "OK" by default.

you'd probably want to do something like:

ok_locales en ja ko th zh

Which would effectively cause all messages with Cyrillic in them to trigger the
CHARSET_FARAWAY rules and be penalized. (note I left "ru" out of the "ok" list).