{Disarmed} Re: Skipping SpamAssassin if sender is on an RBL

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sat Feb 9 22:33:04 GMT 2008

on 2/7/2008 5:40 PM Vlad Mazek spake the following:
> Doesn't work like that in the business world...
>
> Remote Sender: I sent you the email.
> Internal Recipient: We didn't get the email.
>
> Five minutes later, IT is getting chewed out for blocking customers
> emails that almost always involve a $10 million dollar transaction for a
> company that doesn't have any extra room in the budget to beef up the
> security........

I have had to show logs to exec's showing that we actually didn't see any
activity from some senders. And then the next day the mail will show up with
headers showing it sat in an exchange queue for 24 hours.
But I know what you are talking about.
Fortunately, I work for a water utility, so our customers can't "go somewhere
else" without selling their property and moving. Nothing like a captive
audience!  8-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and