Mailscanner segfaults on spamassassin lint test

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:27:31 GMT 2008

On 09/02/2008, Drew <cotharyus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Glenn,
> Thanks. Reading back over this, my last response probably sounded bad, I
> don't want you guys to think I don't appreciate the suggestions so far - it
> usually is the silly little things we overlook. That said, after
> deinstalling _all_ ports, cvsup'ing everything to a sycn'd state, and
> building back in the ports I need to make all this stuff run (indicated by
> previous experience), I'm still getting the same error on the mailwatch
> interface:
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8: Undefined symbol
> "PL_exit_flags"
>
> As postfix, I get this:
>
> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# whoami
> postfix
> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# mailscanner --debug --debug-SA
>  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/MIME/Base64/Base64.so:
> Undefined symbol "Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr"
>
> next, www:
>
> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# whoami
> www
> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# mailscanner --debug --debug-SA
>  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/MIME/Base64/Base64.so:
> Undefined symbol "Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr"
>
> And just for consistancy's sake:
>
> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# whoami
>  root
> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# mailscanner --debug --debug-SA
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/MIME/Base64/Base64.so:
> Undefined symbol "Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr"
>

>  So it's safe to say we can rule out the output we're getting from
> mailwatch, and assume we're getting different errors at this point. I may
> try to sort out this perl issue before I nuke this box and start over.
> Anyone got any off the cuff suggestions?

Splendid, now we know that this is solely a perl (build) problem, and
not really a problem with MS or MW. Good.
Googling for similar problems, one can see that this is indicative....
Hm, start by rebuilding the base perl package, then every little
pm...... Sounds fun? No.
Perhaps faster/easier to just call it quits and start from scratch;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn