Mailscanner segfaults on spamassassin lint test

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Sat Feb 9 15:39:11 GMT 2008

On 9 Feb 2008, at 10:27, Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 09/02/2008, Drew <cotharyus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# whoami
>> root
>> root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# mailscanner --debug --debug-SA
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
>> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/MIME/Base64/Base64.so:
>> Undefined symbol "Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr"
>>

>> So it's safe to say we can rule out the output we're getting from
>> mailwatch, and assume we're getting different errors at this point.
>> I may
>> try to sort out this perl issue before I nuke this box and start
>> over.
>> Anyone got any off the cuff suggestions?
>>
> Splendid, now we know that this is solely a perl (build) problem, and
> not really a problem with MS or MW. Good.
> Googling for similar problems, one can see that this is indicative....
> Hm, start by rebuilding the base perl package, then every little
> pm...... Sounds fun? No.
> Perhaps faster/easier to just call it quits and start from scratch;-).

 From one Drew to another (There aren't that many of us, certainly
that I have come across)

How did you build Perl? If it was from ports, did you make sure that
you are building all your perl modules etc against the right perl
(i.e. port not base) and that /usr/bin/perl points to the right
version. This article might be of use http://freebsd.munk.me.uk/archives/160-Upgrading-Perl-On-FreeBSD.html
  (or be good fodder for /dev/null depending ;-) )

Regards

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Tiger Mail www.technologytiger.net/tigermail from Technology Tiger.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ