Mailscanner segfaults on spamassassin lint test

Drew cotharyus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:02:14 GMT 2008

Glenn,
Thanks. Reading back over this, my last response probably sounded bad, I
don't want you guys to think I don't appreciate the suggestions so far - it
usually is the silly little things we overlook. That said, after
deinstalling _all_ ports, cvsup'ing everything to a sycn'd state, and
building back in the ports I need to make all this stuff run (indicated by
previous experience), I'm still getting the same error on the mailwatch
interface:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8: Undefined symbol
"PL_exit_flags"

As postfix, I get this:

root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# whoami
postfix
root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# mailscanner --debug --debug-SA
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/MIME/Base64/Base64.so:
Undefined symbol "Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr"

next, www:

root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# whoami
www
root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# mailscanner --debug --debug-SA
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/MIME/Base64/Base64.so:
Undefined symbol "Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr"

And just for consistancy's sake:

root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# whoami
root
root at colossus(/var/db/pkg)# mailscanner --debug --debug-SA
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/MIME/Base64/Base64.so:
Undefined symbol "Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr"

So it's safe to say we can rule out the output we're getting from mailwatch,
and assume we're getting different errors at this point. I may try to sort
out this perl issue before I nuke this box and start over. Anyone got any
off the cuff suggestions?