A message disappeared

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Tue Dec 9 17:33:42 GMT 2008

Kai Wang <kwang at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> I posted a message in postfix-users mailing list and Wietse
> Venema replied me as follows:
>
> "Postfix left the message in the "hold" queue and Mailscanner
> took over.
> If you have no other
> entries for message-id=<493C568F.9060006 at ucalgary.ca> then
> Mailscanner trashed your mail."

Further to Martin's comments, whilst I have found the postfix list to be
generally helpful, the word "MailScanner" is pretty much a kiss of death
for getting assistance there. Mr. Venema isn't a fan.

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta
:postfix:politics&s=postfix

May be of help.

Stef
--
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
stef at aoc-uk.com         | stef at l5net.net

Standard Disclaimer: http://www.aoc-uk.com/16.asp

Alpha Omega Computers Ltd, Unit 57, BBTC, Grange Road, Batley, WF17 6ER.
Registered in England No. 3867142.  VAT No. GB734421454