WARNINGS Ignoring deprecated option freebsd

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:45:00 GMT 2008

2008/12/9 Hiram Gibbard <gibbard at chem.fsu.edu>:
> WHAT I AM USING FOR MAIL:
> CPU speed -> Dual 2.5 XEONs
> Memory -> 8GB
> Operating System -> FreeBSD 7.0
>
> pkg_info REPORTS:
> MailScanner-4.67.6_3
> clamav-0.94.2
> postfix-2.4.7,1
>
> I installed from ports, which is what the mailscanner.info site recommends.
> Of course its not the latest version of mailscanner. Should I use the
> download able tar version instead? I didn't have this problem using
> Mailscanner 4.61.7 and clamav 94.1.
>

> CURRENT mailscanner.conf settings
> #
> # Incoming Work Dir Settings
> # --------------------------
> #
> # You should not normally need to touch these settings at all,
> # unless you are using ClamAV and need to be able to use the
> # external archive unpackers instead of ClamAV's built-in ones.
>
> # If you want to create the temporary working files so they are owned
> # by a user other than the "Run As User" setting at the top of this file,
> # you can change that here.
> #
> # Note: If the "Run As User" is not "root" you cannot change the
> #       user but may still be able to change the group, if the
> #       "Run As User" is a member of both of the groups "Run As Group"
> #       and "Incoming Work Group"
> # Note: If the "Run As User" is "root" (or not set at all) and you are
> #       using the "clamd" virus scanner AND clamd is not running as root,
> #       then this must be set to the group clamd is using (from your
> #       clamd.conf), example:
> #       Incoming Work Group = clamav
> #       Incoming Work Permissions = 0640
> Incoming Work User = root
> Incoming Work Group = root
>
> I tried this with group mail too.
>

> PROBLEM THAT I WANT TO RESOLVE:
>
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --unzip
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --jar
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --tar
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --tgz
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --deb
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --unrar
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --arj
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --lha
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> --unzoo
> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
> [...]

This is because you need the latest mailscanner version to be
compatible with clamav 0.94. So yes the tar.gz will be needed as the
port maintainer hasn't the time to upgrade the port at the moment (I
asked him off list a couple of weeks ago).

I'm doing the move from ports to tar.gz version at the moment. If I
come across anything unusual when I do the final move tomorrow AM
(gmt) i'll let you know.

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK