WARNINGS Ignoring deprecated option freebsd

Hiram Gibbard gibbard at chem.fsu.edu
Tue Dec 9 16:33:09 GMT 2008

WHAT I AM USING FOR MAIL:
CPU speed -> Dual 2.5 XEONs
Memory -> 8GB
Operating System -> FreeBSD 7.0

pkg_info REPORTS:
MailScanner-4.67.6_3
clamav-0.94.2
postfix-2.4.7,1

I installed from ports, which is what the mailscanner.info site
recommends. Of course its not the latest version of mailscanner. Should
I use the download able tar version instead? I didn't have this problem
using Mailscanner 4.61.7 and clamav 94.1.

CURRENT mailscanner.conf settings
#
# Incoming Work Dir Settings
# --------------------------
#
# You should not normally need to touch these settings at all,
# unless you are using ClamAV and need to be able to use the
# external archive unpackers instead of ClamAV's built-in ones.

# If you want to create the temporary working files so they are owned
# by a user other than the "Run As User" setting at the top of this file,
# you can change that here.
#
# Note: If the "Run As User" is not "root" you cannot change the
#       user but may still be able to change the group, if the
#       "Run As User" is a member of both of the groups "Run As Group"
#       and "Incoming Work Group"
# Note: If the "Run As User" is "root" (or not set at all) and you are
#       using the "clamd" virus scanner AND clamd is not running as root,
#       then this must be set to the group clamd is using (from your
#       clamd.conf), example:
#       Incoming Work Group = clamav
#       Incoming Work Permissions = 0640
Incoming Work User = root
Incoming Work Group = root

I tried this with group mail too.

PROBLEM THAT I WANT TO RESOLVE:

Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --unzip
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --jar
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --tar
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --tgz
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --deb
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --unrar
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --arj
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --lha
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --unzoo
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --max-ratio
Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated
option --unrar
Dec  9 11:48:03 mail MailScanner[754]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.67.6 starting...

I realize this was a topic before, but I have one question. Even though
Mailscanner.info states to install by ports, should I still still get
the latest version from the site and install that one instead?

Thanks in advance.
Hiram Gibbard
Florida State University
Computer Support