WARNINGS Ignoring deprecated option freebsd

Hiram Gibbard gibbard at chem.fsu.edu
Tue Dec 9 19:00:30 GMT 2008

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> 2008/12/9 Hiram Gibbard <gibbard at chem.fsu.edu>:
>> WHAT I AM USING FOR MAIL:
>> CPU speed -> Dual 2.5 XEONs
>> Memory -> 8GB
>> Operating System -> FreeBSD 7.0
>>
>> pkg_info REPORTS:
>> MailScanner-4.67.6_3
>> clamav-0.94.2
>> postfix-2.4.7,1
>>
>> I installed from ports, which is what the mailscanner.info site recommends.
>> Of course its not the latest version of mailscanner. Should I use the
>> download able tar version instead? I didn't have this problem using
>> Mailscanner 4.61.7 and clamav 94.1.
>>

>> CURRENT mailscanner.conf settings
>> #
>> # Incoming Work Dir Settings
>> # --------------------------
>> #
>> # You should not normally need to touch these settings at all,
>> # unless you are using ClamAV and need to be able to use the
>> # external archive unpackers instead of ClamAV's built-in ones.
>>
>> # If you want to create the temporary working files so they are owned
>> # by a user other than the "Run As User" setting at the top of this file,
>> # you can change that here.
>> #
>> # Note: If the "Run As User" is not "root" you cannot change the
>> #       user but may still be able to change the group, if the
>> #       "Run As User" is a member of both of the groups "Run As Group"
>> #       and "Incoming Work Group"
>> # Note: If the "Run As User" is "root" (or not set at all) and you are
>> #       using the "clamd" virus scanner AND clamd is not running as root,
>> #       then this must be set to the group clamd is using (from your
>> #       clamd.conf), example:
>> #       Incoming Work Group = clamav
>> #       Incoming Work Permissions = 0640
>> Incoming Work User = root
>> Incoming Work Group = root
>>
>> I tried this with group mail too.
>>

>> PROBLEM THAT I WANT TO RESOLVE:
>>
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --unzip
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --jar
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --tar
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --tgz
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --deb
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --unrar
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --arj
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --lha
>> Dec  9 11:48:02 mail MailScanner[730]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option
>> --unzoo
> [...]

sorry to be naive, but I can't seem to figure out where the
rc.Mailscanner file resides, or can be obtained. Can you point me in the
right direction? This doesn't seem to be updated info:
6. Download /opt/MailScanner/bin/rc.MailScanner

    Fetch the file from

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/freebsd/rc.MailScanner
    chmod a=rx /opt/MailScanner/bin/rc.MailScanner
  I got this out of INSTALL.FreeBSD

Hiram Gibbard
Florida State University
Computer Support