Moving Mailboxes

Paul McEwan pmcewan at energywebnetwork.com
Fri Aug 29 01:18:26 IST 2008

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, so I apologize
in advance.  Part of the problem is I'm not familiar enough with the inner
workings of Linux.  Anyway ...

We are running out of space on /var/spool/mail, and I need to move
individual mailboxes or all of them at some point to network storage.  I
modified the .procmailrc file of a test user and can successfully receive
email to the network device.  The problem is that it's still looking in
/var/spool/mail for the mailbox.  I setup a symlink which worked for a bit,
but then it got replaced with a BOGUS file.  What's the correct way to do
this?

We're using MailScanner, ClamAV, SendMail and ProcMail on RHEL3

Thanks

-- Paul

believed to be clean.