MailScanner -debug --lint... solved

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Wed Apr 30 09:59:44 IST 2008

Hi,

  While writing this message I found the misconfiguration that caused it. I
  post the message anyhow since there is another message written 1 month ago
  with the same problem that was left unanswered.

  ----

  I'm trying to debug a problem so I used --debug --lint discovering a
  different behaviour according to the dir I run it from. I already saw a
  message noticing the same thing:

  http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2008-March/083395.html

  If I run if from /root (PATH is correct, no ".") I  get:

Cannot create temporary Work Dir /10768. Are the permissions and ownership
of  correct? at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/WorkArea.pm line 152

  runnning it from /etc/MailScanner met another problem in a different
  position.

  I found out I had wront permissios on /tmp!!! (chmod 1777 /tmp...)

sandro
*:-)