Work dir permissions error on --lint

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 15:56:34 GMT 2008

I've an odd error, and so far can't seem to track down cause...
MailScanner 4.67.6  on postfix with clamd as virus scanner on a Centos 5.1 machine
I'm working on a script to update the postfix and MailScanner config on a couple of remote servers once I've configured it correctly on the first server. When I run a MailScanner -lint from the script file I get the following in the output.
-------------------------------------
SpamAssassin temp dir = /tmp/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Cannot create temporary Work Dir /6203. Are the permissions and ownership of  correct? at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/WorkArea.pm line 152
It works fine when run from command line. I've the incoming work dir settings as below. I run clamd under the postfix user as it seemed to work that way and has been working properly for a while..
Incoming Work Dir = /tmp
Incoming Work User = postfix
Incoming Work Group = postfix
Incoming Work Permissions = 0640