MailScanner --lint - was: watermark error?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 29 22:22:06 IST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 09:01:17AM +0200, John Wilcock wrote:

> On a probably unrelated note, MailScanner --lint tells me
> Cannot create temporary Work Dir /8103. Are the permissions and
> ownership of  correct? at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/WorkArea.pm
> line 152

I have seen this many times. I just checked again (version 4.68.8) and
I see the above error preceded immediately by

Your "Incoming Work Directory" should be specified as an absolute path, not including any links. But I will work okay anyway. at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/WorkArea.pm line 139

This occurs even though I have

Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

in MailScanner.conf and there are no links in that path.

The interesting thing is I always get errors like this if I run

 MailScanner --lint

as root from my home directory, but if I cd to /etc/MailScanner before
running the command, it produces the expected output without either of
the above errors.

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,