watermark error?

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Tue Apr 29 08:01:17 IST 2008

Julian Field a écrit :
> Is this just a problem with *BSD?
> I presume you have watermark adding switched on in your client's
> outgoing mail servers?
>
> Jules

Coincidentally I tried watermarking for the first time yesterday, having
recently given my production mailserver a belated upgrade to 4.67.6
(which at last made it into the official gentoo portage tree - I'd been
using home-grown ebuilds until now) and am also seeing the same
problems: genuine DSNs with valid watermarks are being treated as invalid.

Use Watermarking = yes
Add Watermark = yes
Check Watermarks With No Sender = yes
Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam = 1
Check Watermarks To Skip Spam Checks = yes
Watermark Secret = ImNotPuttingTheRealSecretHere
Watermark Lifetime = 604800
Watermark Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Watermark:

Output of MailScanner --version attached in case perl module versions
make any difference.

On a probably unrelated note, MailScanner --lint tells me
Cannot create temporary Work Dir /8103. Are the permissions and
ownership of  correct? at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/WorkArea.pm
line 152

Note that the $parentdir there seems to be blank... MS processes mail
just fine, so I assume this is a bug in the lint routine rather than a
real problem.

Run As User = postfix
Run As Group = apache
Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
Incoming Work User =
Incoming Work Group =

/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming is owned by postfix.apache with 770
permissions.

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com