MCP broke after upgrade

Renee Gehlbach krgehlba at lexairinc.com
Tue Apr 15 20:45:42 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote:
>> spamassassin -p /usr/local/etc/Mailscanner/mcp --lint -D
> If that doesn't say the rules are being read in, then it's not a
> MailScanner problem. You need to get that to read the rules, and admit
> to it, first.
I am unsure whether had just previously overlooked it, or whether I have
changed a setting which changed the output since I last carefully read
that output, but current output from spamassassin -p
/usr/local/etc/Mailscanner/mcp --lint -D does include:
[6916] dbg: config: read file
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf
[6916] dbg: config: using "/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/mcp/" for user
prefs file
[6916] dbg: config: read file /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/mcp//10_example.cf
[6916] dbg: config: read file
/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/mcp//bad.words.body.cf
[6916] dbg: config: read file
/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/mcp//bad.words.from.cf
[6916] dbg: config: read file
/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/mcp//bad.words.subject.cf

Thanks,
Renee

believed to be clean.