OT - MailScanner to deliver email copies to two downstream ma chines.

Andrei Caraman adc at dc-uoit.net
Tue Apr 15 20:28:48 IST 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:51:57AM -0700, Ken Goods wrote:

> In SendMail's mailertable I added:
> test.originaldomain.com	SMTP:[xx.xx.xx.xx] (IP of the Zimbra server)

don't forget to do a "makemap hash mailertable ...." or else sendmail
doesn't see the change.  i speak from experience :)

someone else may comment on the merits of using esmtp instead of smtp on
that mailertable line...

no, because @test.originaldomain.com addresses are not local to the gateway.
a "sendmail -bv you at test.originaldomain.com" may come in handy.

> Seems like this should do the trick. But before I restart MailScanner can I
> get a confirmation? :)

one other thing you may have already considered:  there will be lots and
lots of mail on the zimbra box.  will anyone be looking at that?   i'm
assuming the users only connect to the old server...

adc