MailScanner folder

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 18:00:54 IST 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Ghetti, Ron
<Ron.Ghetti at town.barnstable.ma.us> wrote:

>  ok, this is from the install script:
>
>  <quote>
>  echo I will install MailScanner under /opt, from where you can
>  echo move it if you want.
>  </quote>
>
>  I guess what I'm confused about is why there is a MailScanner folder
>  under the /etc folder.  perhaps this is from the distribution ?
>  can I remove this extraeneous folder ?
>  will it break things ?

You probably have the old MS package Ubuntu distributes. Try:

# dpkg -l mailscanner

If you get a match try this to show the files in the package:

# dpkg -L mailscanner

If you installed a current version of MS yourself you should
definitely remove the old one to avoid confusion and other problems.
Try:

# dpkg -r mailscanner

--
/peter